Catching up :)

posted Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 by Sarah

Well I’ve successfully finished 4 pairs of socks… and I have one pair “knit” that is going to get ripped out (and may in all likelyhood not count towards my 17 pairs) and I knit one sock yesterday that I will frog soon – I need to take a picture of how it pooled, because it is *bad*.  Seriously horrible… and I’m sorry but I just can’t leave it that way, so I’m going to try the yarn on my 54 cylinder.  That makes me only a pair behind on my “pair a day” plan, and I actually expect to finish two more pairs (possibly three!) tonight.  Then I’ll have two pairs left to knit on my 72 cylinder before I get started on all the socks that need to be knit on the 54 cylinder.

I was having all sorts of issues the other night with my ribber, which is what resulted in that failed pair that I need to frog and re-knit.  I’m not sure what happened, but it did inspire me to figure out how to adjust the yarn carrier from Rox and get that working so I didn’t have to break the yarn every time I wanted to start over on a sock.  I did that, then I decided to paint it, and my ribber/ribber arm 🙂


I went with purple.  Why?  I don’t know.. it seemed like a fun, happy color.  And the aqua that I liked only came in a satin finish, which I didn’t think I wanted.  Looking at the “gloss” grape color though, it’s not all that shiny either though.. oh well 🙂  I think I will be repainting the cam shell a darker purple at some point, and likely leave the base, gear ring, and crank alone.  The ribber and ribber arm were the most beat up peices, so I felt like I needed to do something with them.  I had wanted to powdercoat them, but I figured for now this will do fine, it’s cute, and it’s really not any extra work to strip this paint off too considering the original paint would need to go as well if I eventually powdercoat the thing.

Pictures of all the finished socks so far to come in a little while.. must go close toes 😀

Post a Comment

You might also like to read...